Jared went back to work today. It has been amazing having him home with me and our newborn son. He helps me with so many diapers, getting me blankets/pillows/coffee/remotes/books etc. when I’m building my nest to feed the baby, and burping him after he eats. Not to mention all the cooking and cleaning he has done while I was recovering. Getting groceries, taking out the trash, doing the dishes, laundry... When I was in so much pain I could barely get off the couch, he did everything for me. When I was tired and just wanted sleep, he took Kit to the other room and watched Star Trek with him  so I could get a couple hours of uninterrupted sleep. 



Instead of treating me like it’s my job to do all the work of taking care of a baby, he looks for things he can do to share the work. I’m so grateful for a husband who does his best for us and wants to do everything he can.

As hard as it is to get used to being a mom, I know I’m not alone in this. We’ve always said that we’re a team, and we help each other through the hard things. No matter what we’re going through we know we have that support. We figure out new things together.


 

This is just an appreciation post for an amazing husband and daddy!


Comments

Popular Posts