An Introvert’s Dream



I’m an introvert at heart. I love being home, whether I’m relaxing with a good book, cleaning, playing games, cooking, or being outside on a nice day. I’m totally fine with staying home for days at a time with no one but my family to keep me company, and absolutely no plans. My idea of a good time is  rearranging and organizing my house over and over again with no plans to keep it that way. 

I finally put my one-month-old down. I can hold him for hours and never want to put him down. We watched Cinderella, my favorite princess by the way. I love the part when the fairy godmother waves her wand and makes Cinderella’s dreams come true. She twirls and she transforms into a beautiful princess in a sparkling blue ball gown and glass slippers, ready to have a magical night, and it gives me chills. 



  Now Kit is in his swing, while I sit on the couch sipping coffee, listening to the wind chimes by the window, and reading one of my favorite magazines, Bella Grace. Sunshine is streaming through the windows, and my heart is happy. Spring is  such an exciting time of year. Everything is new, the flowers bloom, and the birds sing. You hear people mowing their grass, people get out to walk or bike around the neighborhood, and there’s a perfect breeze.

I made my own latte. We splurged and got an espresso machine several months ago, and I’m learning how to perfect my skills. I have so much respect for latte artists. I can’t get it right. I want to make the pretty art on top but it turns out looking like nothing. But it tastes amazing.

I slept in, cleaned my washer,



made banana bread,

watched Kit sleep,

and cleaned the house.

One thing I really miss about the outside world is going to Hobby Lobby to look at crafts and home decor. I used to spend hours there. Six weeks ago I had my baby, and the last couple weeks we have been trapped at home in quarantine, so I can’t go for who knows how long.

We may not get to go smell candles or go out for Mexican food, but we’re lucky to have such a happy home to be stuck in, and wonderful people to share this time with. 



Lavender blue, dilly dilly
Lavender green
If you love me, dilly dilly
I will love you

Let the birds sing, dilly dilly
Let the lambs play
We shall be safe, dilly dilly
Out of harm’s way.











Comments

Popular Posts