A DAY OF FIRSTS

Today is one of many times I’ll have firsts with my son. He’s taking his first nap in his crib right now.

It seems strange to have him in that big crib all by himself. He’s usually in a bassinet close to me. His crib seems almost too grown up. It seems silly to say it, but I’m imagining him grow into a toddler, and a little boy, and an adult. Maybe I’m making too big a deal of this... 

I feel like if I leave him for two minutes and come back, I have to make sure he’s still breathing. Does this ‘new mom’ fear ever go away? Sometimes his breathing slows down or speeds up, and it’s so scary! Looking at him sleep, so helpless at this stage, I’m on constant watch for anything out of the ordinary. I have so much anxiety about his sleeping! 

Side note: I’m laughing at his arm being straight out like that! He usually figures out how to get both arms out pretty fast. But until then, he’s snug as a bug. I try to put his arms in because he startles so often! 


I also froze my first bag of milk! This is exciting! I want to get some stocked, for later. My husband, Jared, wants to feed him too. We’re not using formula right now, so this way he’ll be able to do that! 

Another first for today: Kit slept through his diaper change, and putting on his onsie/sleep sack. He usually screams when we change him! He hates getting dressed, and isn’t afraid to let us know it! He’s usually a happy little guy though. 




(Photos for proof)

This is only a few of the many many pictures we’ve taken of his smiles! He brings so much joy to our family!



Comments

Popular Posts