A New Home







The past several months have been a blur of activity. We left our home and our lives in Indiana, literally everything I’ve ever known, to start something new. It happened so fast. Jared took an amazing opportunity in sunny Florida, and we didn’t have much time to finish our home projects, sell the house, and all the little odds and ends that come with moving your family across the country. Everything really came together, and with the help of family and friends, we’re starting a new adventure! It’s absolutely gorgeous here. 







I never expected to leave Indiana, but now that we’re here, I’m in love! The beach is close, and through the winter, there’s a peaceful breeze and a calm that gets in your soul. 

Maybe change isn’t so bad. I like having a fresh start. 

The holidays looked completely different this year, as I’m sure it did for a lot of others.  We were on our own for Christmas, and I think for the first time, it hit me how far away we are from home. I’m going to miss taking a day or a weekend to see our people. But on the other side of things, we enjoyed our own holiday with nowhere to go. 






Kit had so much fun and we made lots of memories! There’s something about Christmas that makes a place feel like home. Maybe we didn’t get snow, but the comfort and the magic of slow days was here. We relaxed, (as much as you really can with a toddler getting into everything). We made fluffy cinnamon rolls, and paper snowflakes, and too much coffee. Wait, can you have too much coffee? 



One of the 3D snowflakes I made.




Some pretty new ornaments to remember this year!






Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year! 

Comments

Popular Posts