Cozy





I have always loved being snowed in. Starting a fire in the fireplace, making hot cocoa, cuddling on the couch with a novel and just having the feeling of being safe and warm and happy. 

We moved to Florida last fall, where it rarely gets cold enough to snow. One of the things I will miss the most is waking up on a cold morning and excitedly looking out the window and finding a crisp, white layer of snow, covering the ground, each tree branch, and little snowflakes swirling peacefully in the air and making friends with each other as they fall on the ground. I love the silence when you step outside, and the perfectly clean smell of snow. And watching the birds singing and flitting from one snowy branch to another.




Even though we won’t get snow here, I love creating that same feeling of coziness. Cozy doesn’t just belong inside on a snowy day, it’s a lifestyle. I feel cozy when I wear something really soft, or listen to happy music, or have a hot drink in my hands. 


Lanterns, candles, diffusers and lamps, scarves and warm blankets, eating a delicious meal, romantic movies, keeping fresh flowers in the house, bubble baths, bringing a drink with me everywhere I go, even if it’s just water. (In my own cup of course) Rainy days, family dinners, chocolate cake. Afternoons spent crafting and baking with friends, cuddling with my son, going to the beach and closing my eyes to listen to the water and the birds, the list goes on. 






Kit just took a break from his playtime to come over and give me kisses. He makes my life beautiful! 

Comments

  1. Oh, I love your descriptions of a perfect winter day! Kit is so cute, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts